Best Live American Roulette Australia 2023
Enjoy Live American Roulette at top casino sites in Australia for real money! Live American Roulette is one of the more popular versions of Roulette. However, it is definitely not the best version of Live Roulette to play, but we will get to that later.
Live Dealer American Roulette combines the convenience of online casino games with the experience of a real dealer, using a genuine casino wheel. This guide will take new Australian players through everything they need to know about playing Live Dealer American Roulette. Let’s dive right in and find out more about Live American Roulette.
AU Casinos offering Live American Roulette
Basics of Live American Roulette
Live American Roulette follows the same principles as any other version of the game. The American Roulette Wheel contains 36 different compartments. Each is either Red or Black, and are numbered from 1 to 36. The wheel is spun and a ball is introduced to the wheel. Players bet on which compartment the ball will land in.
However, American Roulette is different in that the wheel also contains two green compartments, 0 and 00. Most other versions of Roulette only have a single green 0 on the wheel. This extra green 00 is what makes American Roulette unique, but also the least desirable version to play. We will discuss this further in the next section.
American Roulette Versus European Roulette
The two most popular versions of Roulette are European and American, both in terms of online versions and the live dealer versions. As mentioned, European Roulette has 36 numbers and the green 0, while American Roulette has the same 36 numbers, but a green 0 and 00.
The addition of the green 00 is not good news for players though. European Roulette has a house edge of 2.7%. However, American Roulette has a house edge of 5.26%, nearly double the European version. This makes it much more difficult to win more money than you lose.
Some casino sites do offer Live American Roulette with the La Partage rule. This repays half your bet if the ball lands on 0 and 00. This lowers the house edge to 2.63%, if it is used.
How to play Live American Roulette
Once you have played a few rounds of Live American Roulette, you will quickly get comfortable with how to play. If you’ve never tried your hand at spinning the Roulette wheel, we’ve created this step by step guide to help new players.
- Step 1 – To begin playing Live American Roulette, you will need to begin by creating an account at an Australian casino site offering Live American Roulette. Select a casino from our list of recommended casinos and create an account.
- Step 2 – Once your account is created, you will need to deposit money into your account. You will not be able to play Live American Roulette for free.
- Step 3 – Once your account is funded, head over to the Live Dealer game section and select a Live American Roulette Table.
- Step 4 – Once the table has loaded, you can greet the dealer and decide what bets you would like to place. You will have a set amount of time to make your bets, before the dealer will spin the wheel. Once the ball stops, all winning bets will be paid out.
Live American Roulette Bets and Odds
As with all other versions of Roulette, Live American Roulette offers a wide range of different bets. These bets range from being easy to win with small payouts, or large payouts but long odds. If you want to stand the best chance of winning, you’ll want to choose your bets carefully. We generally recommend placing bets that give you the best chance of winning, even if the payouts are small.
Below is a breakdown of all the beats available in Live American Roulette, including the odds of winning and the payouts.
|Bet||Chance of Winning||Payout|
Why Play Live Dealer American Roulette
So, why should you consider playing Live Dealer American Roulette, instead of the computer-generated online variant? There are a number of good reasons why you should consider the live variant of American Roulette.
- Real Casino Atmosphere – The best reason to play Live Dealer American Roulette is that it gives you the most authentic casino experience. They provide a real casino atmosphere from the comfort of your own home.
- Social Gaming – Playing online casino games is a very solitary experience. But Live Dealer American Roulette is not! You will be able to chat with the dealer through the chat box, as well as with other players.
- Slower Pace – When you play American Roulette at a land-based casino, new players can feel pressured by more experienced players at the table. Live Dealer American Roulette slows the pace down, giving you more time to learn how to play.
- Casino Bonuses – Many online casinos will provide players with casino bonuses for live dealer games, so by playing online, you can boost your bankroll and even have a percentage of losses returned to you.
- Mobile Gaming – Finally, you don’t need to be stuck at home to play. You can enjoy Live American Roulette from your mobile device. Whether you want to play on a Smartphone or Tablet, you can have fun playing Roulette live.
Live American Roulette FAQs
How is Live American Roulette different to European Roulette?
The two versions are largely identical. The only difference is that while European Roulette has 36 numbers and a single green 0, American Roulette has the same 36 numbers and green 0, but has an additional green 00.
Should you play Live American Roulette or European Roulette?
We recommend playing Live European Roulette over American Roulette. The extra green 00 in Live American Roulette makes the house edge significantly higher. This means it is easier to lose in American Roulette.
Can I win real money playing Live American Roulette?
Yes, you certainly can! All the casinos we recommend offer real money Live American Roulette!
Can I try out Live American Roulette for free?
Unfortunately not. Live dealer games cost more for the casino to operate, and spots at the live tables are limited. As such, the spots at the Live American Roulette tables are limited to real money players.
Is Live American Roulette safe to play?
Yes, absolutely! Because the game uses a real dealer and a real Roulette wheel, same as in a land-based casino, you know that there is nothing going on behind the scenes to negatively influence your chances of winning.
What is the best bet to make in Live American Roulette?
This largely comes down to what you consider the best bet. If the best bet is one that gives you the best odds of winning, then place bets like Red/Black or Odds/Evens. However, if the best bet in your mind is the one with the biggest payout, place a straight bet on a single number. This comes with a 35:1 payout, but it is not easy to win.