Best Live Casino Holdem Guide
Play Live Casino Holdem Poker at top casino sites in Australia! Casino Inquirer has created this in-depth guide on Live Casino Hold’em Poker, a popular Poker game where players take on the dealer. Live Casino Hold’em is one of the simpler Poker versions, partly explaining why it is so popular with players.
Live Casino Hold’em gives Aussie players the most authentic experience, short of visiting your nearest Land-Based casino site. It does away with computer-simulated graphics and Random Number Generators in favour of real Dealers and real cards. This guide will take players through everything they need to know about playing Live Casino Holdem, including how to play, the basic rules, and winning strategies.
Top Australian Live Casino Holdem Casinos
What is Live Casino Hold’em?
Casino Hold’em originally started as a way for players to train for Texas Holdem Poker. However, it became so popular with players that many online and land-based casinos started to offer it as a stand-alone casino game.
Eventually, Live Dealer versions started to become available. Casino Holdem pits players against the dealer rather than other players. Another difference is that it does away with Big Blind and Small blind Bets favouring an Ante Bet.
Advantages of Live Casino Holdem
There are many good reasons to play Live Dealer Casino Hold’em. Below are some of the reasons you should consider giving Live Casino Hold’em a try.
- You can enjoy Live Casino Holdem from anywhere. Whether that is from your computer at home or on your smartphone or tablet. You can play and win real money with Live Casino Holdem no matter where you are.
- Players will find several different table options when playing Live Casino Holdem. Some tables will have low betting limits for players on a tighter budget, while others will be reserved for high rollers.
- This is the best way to have the most authentic casino experience. Having the table run by a real dealer, using real cards, makes it a much more real experience.
- Casino Holdem has quite a low house edge of around 2%. This gives players a better chance of winning than many other casino games.
- Live Casino Holdem brings a social aspect to the game, which is missing from the game’s online versions. Players can not only chat with other players but the dealer as well.
Drawbacks of Live Casino Holdem
Live Dealer games are great, but games like Live Casino Holdem do come with a few minor drawbacks. Below are some of the drawbacks that we think players should keep in mind.
- More Data – One thing players must remember when playing any live dealer game, including Live Casino Holdem, is that the games use quite a lot more data than traditional online games. This is because the video of the dealer needs to be live-streamed to the player.
- No Free Play Option – Live Casino Holdem costs far more to operate than normal Online Casino Holdem. This is because the online casino needs to pay for a film studio, the camera equipment, and pay the dealers. There will also be limited spots available at each table, so the casinos have to limit the seats to real money players.
- Higher Betting requirements – The tables also require a larger minimum bet because of the increased cost of providing Live games.
- Slower Pace – When playing the traditional Online version, players can quickly go from one round to the next. Each round of Live Casino Holdem will take longer to complete, as the dealer has to run each hand and deal the cards.
How to Play Live Casino Holdem
If you have ever played Texas Hold’em, you will be familiar with Casino Holdem. The game plays the same way, with community cards and raising or folding after each new community card. The goal is to make the best possible five-card poker hand with your two hole cards and three of the community cards. However, the difference is that in Live Casino Holdem, you are only trying to beat the dealer.
Basic Rules of Live Casino Holdem
The basic rules of Casino Holdem are the same as Texas Holdem, with a few minor differences. The game will begin with players placing their ante bet. Once this is done, the dealer will give out the hole card, two to each player and two for the dealer.
Once this is finished, the first three community cards are placed on the table. Then the player needs to decide to Raise or Fold. If you want to stay in the game, you will need to raise. When raising, you need to place an additional bet equal to twice your original ante bet. If you fold, you will be out of the round and forfeit any bets you have placed.
From here on, one more community card is added at a time. Each time a new community card is added, it is followed by another round of Raising of Folding. Players will build the best possible poker hand out of their hole cards and the community cards. This will then be compared to the Dealer’s hand to determine if the player wins or loses.
Strategy for Live Casino Hold’em
If you’ve never played Live Casino Holdem, you may need a helping hand. Using the correct Casino Holdem Strategy will keep the House Edge to around 2%. Below, we have a good strategy to use when deciding whether to Raise or Fold.
When to Raise
You should raise if:
- If you have a pair or better
- You have two cards with a higher value (Overcards) than the flop
- If you have an Ace or King High
- If you have one card to a straight of Flush
When to Fold
You should rather fold if any of the following is true
- Paired board, with no 10 high
- If you miss on the Flop
- You have no Aces or Kings
- Your cards are all weaker than the community cards in the Hole
More Live Dealer Casino Games
- Live Baccarat
- Live Blackjack
- Live Caribbean Stud
- Live Roulette
- Live American Roulette
- Live French Roulette
- Live Ultimate Texas Holdem
Live Casino Holdem FAQs
Yes, many Australian casino sites allow players to enjoy Live Casino Holdem for real money.
The rules of the game are the same as the online version. The only difference is that Online Casino Holdem uses computer-generated images and a Random Number Generator to determine the cards dealt. Live Casino Holdem uses a real dealer and real decks of cards. This makes the experience more authentic.
Yes, you certainly can. Top Aussie casino sites know that players want to be able to play their favourite casino games wherever they are So, they all offer great mobile optimisation for a wide range of smartphones and tablets. This includes Live Dealer games like Live Casino Holdem.
Unfortunately, not. Due to the increased operating costs of Live games and the limited number of seats available, casinos cannot allow those seats to be taken up by players who are not betting real money. However, you can try Online Casino Holdem for free and move to the live version when you are ready.
As with almost all versions of Poker, the best Hand in Live Dealer Casino Holdem is the Royal Flush.
The House Edge in Live Casino Holdem is around 2%.