Real Money Live European Roulette in Australia
Live European Roulette is one of the most popular live dealer games offered by Australian Casinos. Very few Australian Online Casinos that offer Live Dealer Games, do not offer European Roulette with a live dealer. This is because it is the most popular version of Roulette in land-based casinos, as well as the most popular Online Roulette version.
By playing Live Dealer European Roulette, players will enjoy the most authentic Roulette experience from their mobile device or computer. The Live European Roulette offers amazing HD visuals, as well as a more social experience. Let’s find out everything you need to know to play Live European Roulette for real money in Australia.
Top Live European Roulette Casinos Australia
How to Play Live European Roulette for Real Money
Since you’re reading this page, we can assume you have decided you want to play Live Dealer European Roulette. We’d recommend trying our Free Online Roulette first, but if you want to jump right in with a Live Dealer, we’ve got a helpful guide below to get you started.
- Step 1 – Your first step is to find an Australian Online Casino that offers Live European Roulette. As this is one of the most popular live dealer games, this shouldn’t be too difficult. Sign up for an account to get started.
- Step 2 – Once your account has been created, it is time to deposit funds into your account. Head over to the Cashier and make your deposit. Be sure to claim the Welcome Bonus while making your first deposits.
- Step 3 – Once your funds have cleared, head over to the Live Dealer Games Section. Choose Live European Roulette and wait for the game to load.
- Step 4 – Once the game loads, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the game’s interface. Greet the dealer and you can start playing. Place your bets and let the dealer spin the Roulette Wheel.
- Step 5 – Once you are done playing, you can cash out your winnings and end the gaming session. If you want to withdraw your winnings, go to the Cashier and Select Withdrawals.
Why Play Live European Roulette
Online European Roulette provides plenty of entertainment, but it can only do so much. This is where Live European Roulette comes in. There are many benefits to choosing the live version over the online game. Below are some of the reasons why you should consider playing Live European Roulette.
- Real Equipment – The biggest benefit of playing Live European Roulette is that the game will use a real Roulette Wheel, with a real Croupier, whereas Online Roulette will use a Random Number Generator.
- More Social – Live Europe Roulette is a far more social experience. When playing the online version, you’re alone. However, with Live European Roulette, you can interact with the dealer, as well as other players.
- Real-Time Support – If you run into any issues, or are unsure of how to proceed, you can ask the Croupier for assistance. If they cannot help, the pit boss can assist.
- Slower Pace – When playing Live European Roulette, Australian players will find that it has a much slower pace than the online version. In fact, the rounds will run at the same pace as games in a land-based casino. Online Roulette goes by much faster.
Basic Rules of Live European Roulette
Live European Roulette follows the same rules as any other version of the game. Players bet on where they think the ball will stop on the Roulette Wheel. The house edge in Live European Roulette is 2.7%, unless there are special rules in place.
When placing bets in Live European Roulette, these can be broken up into two main betting categories, Inside Bets and Outside Bets. Below is a breakdown of all the bets available in Live European Roulette.
Live European Roulette Inside Bets
Outside bets are categorized as betting on small groups of numbers, or even a single number. These are more difficult to win but offer higher payouts.
|Single Number||35:1||This is when a player bets on a single number, also known as a straight bet.|
|Split Bet||17:1||A Split Bet is when you bet on two numbers that sit on opposite sides of the Roulette Wheel|
|Street Bet||11:1||Betting on three numbers that sit next to each other on the wheel.|
|Basket Bet||11:1||Betting on three numbers, including 0.|
|Corner Bet||8:1||Betting on four numbers. This involves placing your bet in the corner between four numbers on the table.|
|Six-Line Bet||5:1||Betting on six numbers. However, it is essentially a Double Street Bet. You will be betting on three numbers that are next to each other on the wheel, as well as the three numbers on the opposite side of the wheel.|
Outside Bets in Live European Roulette
Outside bets are the opposite of Inside Bets. Here you are betting on large groups of numbers. This makes it much easier to win, but the drawback is the payouts are much smaller.
|Odd/Even||1:1||Players bet that the ball will land on an odd or an even number|
|Red/Black||1:1||Betting that the ball will land on a Red or Black number|
|Hi/Lo||1:1||The bet divides the numbers into Lo (1-18) and Hi (19–36). Players bet on whether the next number to come up will be Hi or Lo.|
|Dozen bet||2:1||The wheel is divided into three groups of 12 numbers. These are 1-12, 13-24, 25-36. Players decide which group they want to bet on.|
|Column Bet||2:1||Similar to the Dozen Bet, the wheel is divided into three groups of 12 numbers. However, these numbers are random.|
The 0 Pocket
In Live European Roulette, there is a single green 0 Pocket. Bets like Odd/Even, Hi/Lo, or Red/Black are referred to as Even Money Bets, and if the Green 0 comes up, it is a loss for any of those bets we mentioned. The Green 0 is not Red or Black, Odd or Even, Hi or Lo. This Green 0 is a big part of what gives the house its edge in European Roulette.
Why Live European Roulette is the Best Choice
So, what is it about Live European Roulette that continues to make this the most popular version of Roulette? This comes down to the fact that European Roulette has a single green 0, which offers a much lower House Edge than the double 0 on American Roulette. In Live European Roulette, the House Edge is just 2.7%. American Roulette has a much higher House Edge, of over 5%.
In addition to this, many casino sites offer some unique rules on Live Dealer European Roulette, which can lower the House Edge down to 1.35%. These special rules have been taken from French Roulette, to improve the House Edge. These rules include ‘En Prison’, and ‘La Partage’.
La Partage Rule
La Partage is one of the special rules that can be found in Live European Roulette. The rule means that if you place an even money bet, like Red or Black, and the ball lands on 0, you will receive half your bet back. If this rule is in place, the House Edge drops to 1.35%.
En Prison Rule
This Rule literally means, In Prison. Once again, it applies when players make an even money bet and the ball lands on the Green 0. With the En Prison Rule, your bet is then set aside and effectively put in prison. The wheel is then spun again and if your original bet wins, you win your original bet and get your imprisoned chips back.
Only Active for Even Money Bets
Just remember, if either of these rules are in place, they only affect even money bets like Red/Black, Odd/Even, or Hi/Lo. So, make sure that if you’re playing a Live European Roulette game with either of these rules, you make even money bets to benefit from the lower house edge.
Strategies for Live European Roulette
With Live Dealer European Roulette being so popular with players, it should come as no surprise that there are plenty of players looking for strategies that can help them win more often. However, we must point out that any version of Roulette is a game of luck, not skill. All a player can do is place their bet and hope for the best.
There are many strategies out there that claim to boost your chances of winning when playing Live European Roulette, but the brutal truth is, none of them will really help. Some of the most common betting strategies include Labouchere D’Alembert, and Fibonacci. By far the most popular is the Martingale Betting Strategy. Let’s take a look at this one and see why it is actually not a good idea.
Martingale Betting Strategy in Live European Roulette
This is one of the oldest Progressive Betting Strategies. It requires players to double their bet after each loss. In theory, this sounds great. If you start betting at AU$5 and go on a losing streak, you will then bet AU$10, AU$20, AU$40, AU$40, and so on. When you eventually win, you will win back all your losses, plus your original AU$5 bet win. In theory, this can’t lose. But the truth is far more complicated.
Risks of Martingale
If you were to play thousands and thousands of rounds, you’ll ultimately lose more with Martingale. This is why:
- Exponential betting – Because you double your bet after each loss, your bets grow exponentially. Just one bad losing streak and you will soon need to make huge bets to stick to the betting plan. This could be over AU$100, or even over AU$1000. To make the Martingale Betting strategy work, you need to have a massive bankroll available to you.
- Table Limits – However, even if you have bankroll to cover huge bets, it is possible that a bad streak of luck could see you running into the table limits. No table is going to allow unlimited bet sizes. If you run into this, you will not be able to win everything back.