Best Online Baccarat Casinos Australia 2023
Play Online Baccarat at the best casinos in Australia for real money today! Baccarat is similar in many ways to Blackjack, with a few key differences. The goal of the Baccarat is to build a hand with a value of 9. Baccarat has a reputation for being a game for high rollers, but this is no longer the case. Any Australian player can enjoy Baccarat Online, no matter what their budget.
Baccarat also has the honour of being the favourite game of super-spy James Bond. The game is also one of the simpler table games to learn. Let us guide you on how to play and win Baccarat and help you choose a top casino for the best Online Baccarat experience in Australia!
Top Australian Online Baccarat Sites
Online Baccarat Basics
Baccarat is a fairly simple game to understand and is similar to Blackjack in many ways. The goal is to build a hand valued at 9, opposed to 21. Another difference is that exceeding 9, doesn’t qualify as an immediate loss. In addition to that, players don’t actually need their own hand to win. Players bet on whether the player’s hand or dealer’s hand will win, or if there will be a tie.
There are three main versions of Baccarat that you will find online. These main three versions are Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer, and Banque. Punto Banco, also known as American Baccarat, is one of the most popular versions available online. However, this version of the game is based purely on luck. The other two main versions do permit the player to make some decisions and influence the outcome.
Baccarat Card Values
Now that you know that the goal is to build a hand with a value of 9, let’s go through the card values.
- 2-10: Cards have their Face Value
- J, Q, K: These are valued at 0
- A: Valued at 1
Baccarat Basic Rules
Below we have outlined the basic rules of the game.
- Baccarat is typically played with six or eight decks of cards in the shoe.
- The rules of the game will often determine whether you get a third card or not.
- If your hand is valued at 10 or more, you will drop the first digit. For example, a hand valued at 14 is actually valued at 4.
- Players can bet on their own hand to win, or the banker’s hand. Betting on a tie is the third option.
- Betting on the Banker’s hand comes with a small commission that needs to be paid if your bet wins.
How to Play Baccarat Online
Playing Baccarat online is really quite easy, but as with most casino games, it can still seem a bit daunting to new players. We’re here to give you an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to have the best possible Baccarat experience. Many versions of the game will have rules in place to determine whether you draw a third card or not.
- Step 1 – Sign up at one of our recommended Australian casino sites and deposit funds into your account.
- Step 2 – Decide which version of Baccarat you want to play. Also consider Live versions if they’re available at your chosen casino.
- Step 3 – Next up, you need to decide where to place your bet. Decide if you’re betting on the Banker, Player, or a Tie.
- Step 4 – Once your bet is placed, the dealer will deal your two cards, and the banker’s two cards.
- Step 5 – The goal is for your hands to add up to 9, or as close as possible. The game’s rules will typically determine whether you draw a third card.
- If your hand is valued between 0 and 5, you will draw a third card.
- If your hand is valued between 6 and 9, you will stand.
Online Baccarat Tips and Tricks
If you’re new to Baccarat, we have a list of tips and tricks to help new players have a better experience.
- Before playing for real money, make sure you have a decent understanding of the rules.
- Understand the bets available, and which is the best one to make.
- We recommend avoiding betting on a tie. While the payout is the biggest, the odds of winning are very slim.
- Decide on your budget and stick to it. Do not chase losses and try to win money back. You will likely land up losing more.
- Also decide how long you are going to play and set a win limit. Winning streaks don’t last forever so if you win your goal amount, rather walk away smiling.
- Never play and gambling games when you are not focused. Make sure to stay sober, and make smart betting decisions.
- Generally speaking, betting on the banker’s hand gives you the best odds of winning in the long run. However, there will be a small commission fee you will have to pay when you win with a Banker bet.
How We Review Baccarat Casino Sites
If you want to have the best possible Baccarat online experience, it starts with choosing a fantastic casino site. We want to direct our readers to the very best online casinos and we thought we would give you an overview of what we look at before recommending an online casino for Baccarat players.
Safety and Security
Our first and most important consideration before recommending a casino site is player safety and security. We ensure casinos are licenced and regulated, with fair games. In addition, the casino needs to have appropriate security measures in place to protect players’ personal data.
Next up, we look at the bonuses and promotional offers available at the casino. It’s always amazing to get more bonus cash and free money. Not only do we make sure the bonuses are big, but have fair terms and conditions. However, keep in mind that the bonus you claim will likely be used for other games. Baccarat typically only counts 10% or less towards clearing your wagering requirement.
Baccarat Game Selection
If Baccarat is your game of choice, you want to choose a casino with a great selection of Baccarat games. We look through the selection of games and recommend casinos that will provide the best experience for players. We ensure there is a wide variety of Baccarat games on offer, including Live Dealer Baccarat.
It’s the 21st Century and players love to be able to gamble from their smartphones and tablets. We make sure any casino we recommend will be able to enjoy their favourite casino games, including Baccarat, from their mobile devices. We make sure the mobile casino is fully optimised for a wide variety of smartphones and tablets, and will work perfectly on touch screens.
We also make sure that any Baccarat casino we recommend offers amazing customer support. The support team should be available 24/7, with multiple ways of contacting the support staff.
Fast Payouts and Banking
Finally, we look at the banking options available. There needs to be a wide selection of deposit and withdrawal options on offer. In addition to this, the casino needs to payout players’ winnings quickly.
Top Online Baccarat Strategies
While Online Baccarat relies on luck, and not player skill, there are several Baccarat betting strategies that players can use to ensure they have a great experience. It is important to understand that these betting strategies will not improve your chances of winning, but rather should help make the most of those winnings. Below is a brief overview of some of the most popular betting strategies used in Baccarat.
This betting strategy for Baccarat will have players increase their bet at certain times. The goal of the strategy is to help mitigate losses. While no strategy can ever guarantee success, this particular betting strategy has been used to great success in Baccarat.
Paroli Betting Strategy
The Paroli Betting Strategy will have players double their bet after every win. This is what is known as a positive betting strategy. You will start betting at AU$1, and double this after every win. Once you lose, you will return to the original AU$1 bet.
This is one of the simpler betting strategies around. Players will first need to decide whether to bet on the Banker, or the Player’s hand. Once you have made your choice, you need to continue betting with your choice. You will only need to change your choice once you have lost three hands in a row.
If you’re going to become a Baccarat Pro, you’re going to have to get familiar with some of the terminology. We have a list of some of the most important Baccarat Terms you will come across.
- Banker Bet – When the player bets that the Banker’s hand will win
- Burn – When the first few cards are removed from the Shoe and discarded. This is done to help prevent cheating.
- Commission – A small amount of money that you need to pay when you win by betting on the Banker’s hand. This is normal around 5%
- Draw – When the player takes additional cards
- Mini Baccarat – A version of Baccarat with a smaller table and lower stakes.
- Natural Eight – When a hand is valued at 8, with just two cards.
- Natural Nine – When a hand totals 9, with the first two cards
- Player Bet – Betting that your own hand will win
- Stand – Electing not to take any additional cards
- Shoe – The shoe is the container that holds all the decks of cards being used to play. Normally it holds six or eight decks of cards
- Tie Bet – Betting that the hand will end in a tie
Online Baccarat FAQS
Yes, you certainly can! All top online casinos in Australia will offer players a selection of Baccarat games for players to enjoy.
Playing Baccarat online in Australia is easy. All you need to do is choose a recommended casino site and create your account. Deposit funds into your account and then choose your Baccarat game. From there, simply place your bet and decide to bet on the Player’s Hand, Banker’s Hand, or a Tie.
There are a number of different betting strategies available for playing Baccarat. However, our best advice is to simply bet on the Banker’s hand. In the long run, this will give you the best chance of walking away a winner. There is a small commission you have to pay for every win on the Banker’s hand, but this bet has the best odds of winning.
Yes, you can. Almost all Australian casino sites allow players to try out a wide range of casino games for free, including Online Baccarat. The only games you will likely not be able to try for free is Live Dealer.
Yes, they payout is the same whether you win on a Player bet or a Banker bet. The odds are also better to win on a Banker Bet. However, to offset this slightly, there is a small commission that is paid on Banker bet wins.
Cards from 2-9 have their face value, while 10, Jack, Queen, and King are all valued at 0. Finally, Aces are valued at 1.
Yes, Online Baccarat can be played on a wide range of mobile devices. Today, the mobile gambling market is huge, so almost all Online Casino in Australia have optimised the experience for smartphones and tablets. All casino games, including Baccarat, can be played from Smartphones and tablets.
Yes, as long as you sign up at a reputable casino site, playing Baccarat will be fair. Trusted casino sites are regularly tested to make sure the random number generator is generating random and fair results. Any one of our recommended Aussie casinos will offer fair Baccarat for our readers to enjoy!