Best Baccarat Strategy Game Guide 2022
Find the best Baccarat Strategies right here at Casino Inquirer! We will take new players through everything they need to know about Baccarat Betting strategies to help guide your choices and give you the best chance of winning. There is a huge mystique that surrounds the game since the game used to be reserved for high rollers.
However, since online casinos have exploded in popularity, the game has become more accessible and open to many more players. However, it is also important for us to point out, Online Baccarat is a game of luck. No strategy will be able to improve the odds of you winning. However, these strategies can help guide your betting patterns, and it will hopefully pay off in the long run.
Let’s jump right in and learn about what Baccarat strategies there are and how to use them!
Top Casinos to Play Baccarat
Baccarat Strategy – Understanding the Bets
Before we start getting into the actual Baccarat strategies that you can use, it is important to understand the different bets that are available and the odds of winning them. Because this is a game of luck, the house edge of each bet is important to know and understand. The three bets available to players are:
- Banker Bet – This is where the player bets on the Banker’s hand to win. It is one of the only casino games where this is an option. To win a round, your hand doesn’t need to win; you just need to bet on the hand that wins. This is the best bet to make, as it comes with the lowest house edge. The house edge is 1.06% and comes with a 1:1 payout. There will be a small commission players will have to pay on all Banker Bet wins, but it is normally around 5%.
- Player Bet – If you think your hand will win, you can place the Player Bet. This is the second-best option, as the house edge is 1.24%, which is slightly higher than the Banker Bet. It also has a 1:1 payout. This means in the long run, it will win less often.
- Tie Bet – The third betting option is a Tie Bet. This is where you think there will be no winning hands, and they will tie. It comes with a massive payout of 8:1 or 9:1. However, the house edge is 14.36%. Avoid this bet at all costs; a tie is very rare.
Top Strategy Tips for Baccarat
There is one last thing we want to go through before we get to the individual Baccarat strategies, is just some general gameplay tips that you should consider for all your bets, even when using a strategy.
- Always bet on the Banker – Our first tip is to always bet on the Banker Bet. The odds of winning are 0.18% better. While this isn’t a big difference, it will pay off in the long run. However, the Player Bet still has good odds, so it is not the worst idea.
- Stay away from the Tie – The Tie Bet has the worst odds and should be avoided. The payout is very tempting, but with a house edge of over 14%. You can maybe place it every now and then but never place it frequently.
- Ignore Past Results – Many Baccarat games will have a scoreboard showing previous results. Ignore this. Just because the last four rounds have been won by the Banker, it doesn’t mean there is a higher chance of the Player Bet winning the next round. This is known as the Gambler’s Fallacy. Remember, each round is completely independent of previous results, and the results are random.
- Avoid Mini Baccarat – We also advise players to avoid Mini Baccarat. While the rules are the same, the rounds happen much faster. This means you run the risk of blowing through your bankroll more quickly.
- Money Management – Whenever you are gambling, you should manage your money. Set yourself a budget and stick to it. Make sure to base your bet size on your budget so you don’t blow through your budget in just a few rounds with large bets.
Best Baccarat Strategies
Now it is time to dive into the actual Baccarat strategies that can be used. These will be broken up into three categories. Positive Progressive Strategies will have players increase their bets after a win, Negative Progressives will increase their wagers after a loss, and Flat Betting will have players bet the same amount each round.
Positive Progressive Baccarat Strategies
As mentioned, Positive Progressive Strategies will have the player increase their bet size after winning. Below are the two most popular Positive Progressives players can use in Baccarat.
- Paroli – When using Paroli as your Baccarat strategy, players will need to double their bet after each win. When you lose, you return to your base bet. In addition to this, after winning three rounds in a row, players will return to their base bet as well. This stops the required wager from getting too big.
- Reverse Martingale – This is similar to Paroli, where players double their bets after a winning bet. The difference is that there is no requirement to reset to the base bet after three wins. It is up to the player to decide when to reset back to their base. Otherwise, you will need to place a large wager after a long win streak. If you lose, you could wipe out all your winnings up to that point.
Negative Progressive Baccarat Strategies
With a Negative Progressive strategy, you increase your bet following a loss. These are more common than Positive Progressives, so you will see several more options below.
- Martingale – One of the best-known Baccarat Strategies is the Martingale betting plan. When using this strategy, players will double their wager after losing. If you start at AU$5 and lose, your betting sequence will be AU$10, AU$20, AU$40, AU$80, AU$160, and so on. As you can see, your bets will exponentially grow in a losing streak. The plus of this strategy is that after a losing streak, when you win, you will win back all your losses and your original bet. The problem is that you need to have a large enough bankroll to support the big wagers that will be needed and table limits that allow big bets.
- D’Almbert – D’Almbert is less aggressive than Martingale. Players decide on their base bet amount and increase their bet by that amount after a loss. If you decide to be AU$5, you will add AU$5 to your bet after each loss. Your bet increases incrementally rather than exponentially.
- Fibonacci – Using the Fibonacci strategy in Baccarat will ask players to follow a specific sequence when making their bet. To use this betting strategy, players need to add their two previous bets together following a loss. If you’re on a losing streak and your initial bet was AU$1, your sequence will be like this, AU$1, AU$1 (1+0), AU$2 (1+1), AU$3 (2+1), AU$5 (3+2), AU$8 (5+3), and so on.
- Labouchere – Our final Baccarat betting strategy is Labourchere. This is a slightly more complex betting strategy requiring more players’ input. It begins with players deciding on a three-number sequence. For this example, let’s use 1-3-7. You will start by betting your first number, in this case, AU$1. If you win, you will ignore the first and third numbers in the sequence and bet the middle number, AU$3, from our sequence. However, if you lose, you will add your wager to the last number in the sequence; in our example, it would be AU$8 (AU$1 + 7).
Flat Betting Baccarat Betting Strategies
The final betting strategy that is available to Baccarat players is flat betting. This strategy is one of the simplest out there, with players betting the same amount each round. No matter whether you win or lose, you never change your bet. While this may sound boring, it is strategically a very good move.
Some Gambling Mathematicians have run Baccarat simulations using Flat Betting and other progressive strategies. In the long run, the simulations revealed better results from flat betting.
Other Baccarat Guides
Baccarat Strategy FAQs
Yes, players can use numerous different betting strategies when playing Baccarat.
Unfortunately, no. Baccarat is a game of luck, not skill. Once you have placed your bet, there is no way to influence the results. A Baccarat strategy can help guide your betting decisions to make the most out of winning streaks and lessen the negative impact of losing streaks.
There is no single best betting strategy for everyone. Some players want a more aggressive strategy, while others want a more conservative one. However, mathematically, the best strategy to use is flat betting. According to simulations, this works the best in the long run.
Perhaps the most aggressive strategies in Baccarat are the Martingale or Reverse Martingale. These Baccarat strategies will require the player to double their bet after a loss or a win for Reverse. Players need to have a large bankroll to stick to the sequence, and the table needs to have high betting limits.
To get better at using any strategy, you’ll want to practice. The best way to do this is to use free play, so you do not risk your bankroll while practicing.