Top Atlantic City Blackjack Guide Australia
Play Online Atlantic City Blackjack at top casino sites in Australia! As the name suggests, this version of Blackjack originated in Atlantic City, in the United States. However, thanks to the popularity of online gambling, Atlantic City Blackjack is no longer limited to that city.
This version of Blackjack comes with several unique features, many of which improve the odds for the player. This is part of the reason it is so popular with Aussie players. In this guide, we will take you through everything you need to know about playing Atlantic City Blackjack Online.
Australian Casinos offering Atlantic City Casino
Why Play Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack has become very popular with players from all over the world. This particular version of Blackjack has several unique rule variations that aren’t present in traditional Blackjack. We’ll go through these in more detail further down the page.
Atlantic City Blackjack also allows players to use various strategies to improve their chances of winning with a low house edge. Finally, Atlantic City Blackjack permits players to surrender later than most games.
How to Play Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack plays exactly the same as any other version of the game. If you’ve never played a hand of Blackjack before, here is a guide on how to play your first hand of Atlantic City Blackjack.
- Step 1 – Each hand of Atlantic City Blackjack will begin with the player making their bet. As with any version of Blackjack, the goal is to build a hand valued as close to 21 as possible without going over. Once you are satisfied with your bet, click deal.
- Step 2 – You will now receive two cards, face-up, and the dealer will receive their two cards as well. Only one of the dealer’s cards will be visible. If the dealer’s visible card is a 10 or an Ace, they will offer the player an Insurance Bet.
- Step 3 – Once you have your cards, look at the value of your hand. Now you need to determine what your next move is. You have the following options:
- Hit – Request another card
- Stand – End your round with your hand as it stands
- Split – If you have two cards of the same value, two 6s for example, you could split them into two hands.
- Double Down – Allows you to double your bet, but you can only receive one more card following doubling your bet.
- Step 4 – Once you stand, the dealer will reveal their hidden card and play their hand.
- Step 5 – Once the dealer stands, the game will determine who the winner is.
Special Rules in Atlantic City Blackjack
Before playing Atlantic City Blackjack, you should be aware of how the game differs from the standard version of the game. Below are some of the features that make Atlantic City Blackjack unique.
- The dealer will check to see if they have Blackjack, if their visible card is a 10 or an Ace.
- Players can split their hand up to three times when you have two cards of equal value.
- If you have a pair of Aces, you can only split this once. And you will only be able to receive one additional card for each Ace afterwards.
- Players are allowed to double on any hand, including hands, after splitting.
- In Atlantic City Blackjack, the dealer is required to stand on all hands of 17 or higher, including soft 17s.
- Players have the option to surrender late in the game, after the dealer has checked for Blackjack.
- Atlantic City Blackjack offers players the chance to take the Insurance Bet.
Mobile Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack has been developed by several top game developers, which includes making sure the game works on mobile devices. Whether you’re looking to play Atlantic City Blackjack on your smartphone or tablet, you’re guaranteed an incredible experience.
Game developers have put plenty of effort into making sure their games work perfectly on mobile devices. This includes ensuring their games work on smaller touch screens. Sign up at our recommended casino sites to enjoy a wide range of excellent mobile casino games, including Atlantic City Blackjack.
More Blackjack Guides
- Blackjack Tips and Tricks
- Blackjack Strategy
- How to Play Blackjack
- Spanish 21
- Free Online Blackjack
- Double Exposure Blackjack
- European Blackjack
Winning Tips and Strategy for Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack is largely the same as the standard versions of the game, with a few minor tweaks to the rules. This means that traditional Blackjack strategies still work, but there are some minor changes you should make.
- Dealer Stands on 17 – One unique aspect of Atlantic City Blackjack is that the dealer has to stand on any hand valued at 17 or more. While you always want to get as close to 21 as possible, remembering the dealer must stand on 17 could change your game plan a bit.
- Splitting Aces – Another unique rule in Atlantic City Blackjack is that if you split a pair of Aces, you will only be able to receive one additional card for each hand. For this reason, you should be more careful when splitting Aces.
- Avoid Insurance – Several different versions of Blackjack provide the insurance bet, and they are always a bad option, mathematically speaking. Atlantic City Blackjack is no different. We recommend avoiding the Insurance Bet and stick to surrendering if you need to.
- Overusing Surrender – Atlantic City Blackjack allows players to surrender later in the round than some other versions of Blackjack. This often leads to players overusing the feature and surrendering on hands that they should be playing. While it is a viable option, do not overuse the surrender feature.