Top European Blackjack Guide
Play European Blackjack at top casinos in Australia. European Blackjack has a few minor rule changes from the standard version of the game and is the most common version of the game in European land-based casinos. However, there is no need to travel to Europe, as many Australian Online Casinos offer this variant of the game. In this guide, we will go through the unique rules of European Blackjack, how to play, and winning strategies.
Australian Casinos Offering European Blackjack
Why Play European Blackjack
So, why should you consider playing European Blackjack over some of the other games out there? European Blackjack is the ideal version of 21 for Australian players to enjoy if they favour a more cautious and conservative game style.
European Blackjack also has very few changes to the rules, so it is much easier for inexperienced players to learn. This also means that players can use a basic Blackjack strategy and still get the most out of the game.
How to play European Blackjack
Playing European Blackjack is easy and follows the same steps as any other version of 21. If you’re completely new to playing any version of Blackjack, this will help guide you through your first few hands of European Blackjack.
- Step 1 – Every round of European Blackjack will begin with the player making their initial bet before the cards are dealt. Once you have decided on your bet, click Deal.
- Step 2 – You will now receive two cards. The dealer will also receive their two cards, but only one card will be face up.
- Step 3 – Take some time to look at your cards, as well as the dealer’s card. You will now need to decide how you want to proceed. Players will have the following options:
- Hit – Receive an additional card
- Stand – Receive no more cards and end your round
- Split – If you have a pair of identical cards, you can split them and have two separate hands
- Double Down – Double your bet, but only receive one additional card.
- Step 4 – Once you stand, the dealer will play their hand according to the house rules.
- Step 5 – Once the dealer is done, the game will determine which hand is closer to 21.
Other Top Blackjack Online Guides
- Online Blackjack Tips and Tricks
- Winning Blackjack Strategies
- How to Play Blackjack Online
- Free Online Blackjack
- Spanish 21 Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Double Exposure Blackjack
Unique European Blackjack Rules
While European Blackjack is very similar to the traditional version of the casino game, there are still some minor tweaks to the rules. If you want to stand the best chance of winning, it is a good idea to have an understanding of the unique rules.
- In European Blackjack, the dealer does not check to see if they have Blackjack when their face-up card is an Ace or 10-value card.
- Players cannot split a pair of 4s, 5s, or 10-value cards in European Blackjack
- The dealer will always stand on a Soft 17 but is required to draw on 16
- Players are able to Double Down after they split
- Players can split a pair of Aces, but will only receive one additional card for each of their hands.
- Some casinos allow players to take an insurance bet in European Blackjack.
European Blackjack Strategy and Tips
We have more in-depth strategy guides for Blackjack, but we’ve still put together some pointers for specific things to keep in mind when playing European Blackjack.
- Cautious Approach – In European Blackjack, the House Edge is on par with most other versions of the game. However, the set rule changes mean that it is better to play more cautiously.
- Splitting & Doubling – Players should think very carefully before splitting or Doubling Down. Players should consider it if they have a strong hand, like a pair of Aces. However, always keep in mind that the dealer could have an unchecked Blackjack.
- Avoid Insurance – European Blackjack is one of the Blackjack versions that offer an Insurance Bet. This is a side bet that protects you from the Dealer getting Blackjack. However, as always, taking the Insurance Bet is mathematically a bad idea. It costs you far more than it pays off. As such, we recommend avoiding the Insurance Bet.
- Use a Betting Strategy – We also recommend finding a Blackjack Strategy guide to use. This will provide you with the ideal decision to make