Best Progressive Jackpot Casino Games
Play the Best Progressive Jackpot Games and win life-changing jackpots! If you want to play a casino game and be able to win a jackpot in excess of AU$1 million, then Progressive Jackpots are the games for you. They come in a variety of different types, including what casino games can come with a progressive jackpot.
By far, the most popular and common game type to come with a Progressive Jackpot is Pokies. However, this is not the only type. Below we will guide you through everything you need to know about Progressive Jackpot games. Let’s jump right in and get you playing to try to win those massive jackpots.
Play Progressive Jackpot Games at Top Casinos
What is a Progressive Jackpot Game
Progressive Jackpot games are unique in that the jackpot is not fixed. Normal Pokie games, and other games with a jackpot, have a fixed amount that players can win. This is normally displayed as 1000x, meaning the jackpot is 1000 times what the player bets. With a Progressive Jackpot, the jackpot is not fixed and grows over time.
Every time a player makes a bet on the game, a portion is put into the jackpot pool. This will then keep growing until someone wins the jackpot. At this point, it will reset to its base amount, and the process starts again.
Different Types of Progressive Jackpots
All Progressive Jackpot Games share the same basic principle, with a portion of each bet going into the jackpot pool. However, there are three main types of Progressive Jackpot games. These types determine how many games might be connected together. Below is an outline of the three main types of Progressive Jackpot Games you will find.
- Stand Alone – This is one that is only found in Land-Based casinos. With Stand Alone Progressives, the game is not linked to any other games. It means that only gamblers playing on that specific machine will be contributing to the jackpot growth. Stand Alone Progressives have the smallest jackpots out of the different types.
- Local Progressive – The next step up is the Local Progressive. Once again, this is primarily found in Land-Based Casinos. With local Progressives, a number of games will be linked together within the casino. It is normally between 10 and 100 games, and they are always within the same casino. With more games connected, the jackpot can grow faster and climb higher.
- Wide Area Progressives – Finally, we get to the biggest Progressive Jackpots around. With Wide Area Progressives, the games are connected across various different casinos from around the world. This can include both online and land-based. This allows thousands and thousands of players to play at the same time. This allows the jackpot to grow fast and easily exceed the AU$1 million mark.
Games with Progressive Jackpots
Now that you know the main categories of Progressive Jackpots, let’s take a closer look at the types of casino games where you can find a progressive jackpot.
- Progressive Pokies – By far the most popular type of game with progressive jackpots are online pokies. These are the games that generate the biggest jackpots by far.
- Video Poker – Video Poker is probably the second most popular progressive game. Typically, players will win the jackpot when landing a Royal Flush.
- Progressive Blackjack – While it is not easy to find a Progressive Blackjack game, they are out there. In most cases, players need to place a special side bet to be eligible for the jackpot, and then players need to get Blackjack (Ace and a 10-Value Card)
Progressive Jackpot Game Tips
We all have the dream of landing a big Progressive Jackpot win and never having to work another day in our lives. The chances of winning a progressive jackpot are about the same as winning the lottery. Your chances of winning are slim, and there is generally nothing you can do to improve your odds of winning. However, we have some tips to improve your experience when playing Progressive Games.
- Always read through the terms and conditions associated with the casino you have signed up at and the game you are playing. Most Online Casinos have a withdrawal limit per week, and you need to check to make sure Progressive Jackpot wins are excluded from this payout limit. If it is not excluded, it could take years to withdraw the entire win.
- It is also important to check what you need to qualify for the jackpot win. This includes what symbols you need to land on the pokie or what hand you need in video poker. It is also important to check if you need to place a Max Bet to qualify for the full jackpot. If you hit the jackpot but didn’t place the Max bet when you needed to, you will get a portion but will not get the entire thing.
- Try to find a Progressive Jackpot game with a higher jackpot than usual. This way, if you do get lucky, you will win as much as possible.
- Set a budget and stick to it. This is both a monetary budget and a time budget. Do not spend countless hours playing Progressive Jackpot games, and be careful how much money you spend while playing. The results of the games, especially progressive pokies, are completely random, so watch how much you spend.
- Look at the RTP. Like all casino games, you should be able to find the RTP or Return to Player. This tells you how much money is paid back to players. If the RTP is 98%, it means for every AU$100 wagered, AU$98 is paid back. However, this is calculated over thousands and thousands of betting rounds. The higher the RTP, the more likely you are to win some money.
Progressive Jackpot FAQs
A Progressive Jackpot is a special type of Jackpot that grows with each bet placed by players. A portion of each bet is transferred to the jackpot pool. Many Progressive Jackpot games will link thousands of games together, allowing the jackpot to grow quickly and exceed AU$1 million for some of the most popular ones.
The odds of winning a Progressive are not high. As always, as payouts get bigger, the odds of winning become longer. Your chances of winning the Progressive Jackpot are around the same as winning the lottery jackpot.
Normally, we do not recommend placing the maximum bet when playing casino games. However, things are a little different with Progressive Jackpot games. Most games stipulate that in order to qualify for the Progressive Jackpot, you need to place the max bet. If you hit the jackpot without placing the max bet, you will still win a portion of the jackpot, but you will not get the full amount. Imagine how much you would regret not placing the max bet if you get lucky.
Unfortunately, there is no way to improve your chances of winning the jackpot. All the games that might offer a progressive jackpot have completely random results. All you can do is place your bet and hope for the best.
This will depend on the casino and the game you are playing. Players need to check this to make sure they are aware. In most cases, a Progressive Jackpot is paid out from the game developer, not the casino itself. This means they are often exempt from a casino’s maximum payout limit. But always check to make sure.
The most common casino game to come with a Progressive Jackpot is online pokies. Almost all progressive games will be pokies. However, while most progressives are Pokies, there are other types of games. Video Poker is the second most popular progressive jackpot game, with Blackjack and Roulette also being available. However, it is unlikely you will come across those two, as they are rare.