Best Online Blackjack Australia 2021
Play Online Blackjack at the best casinos online in Australia in 2021. Blackjack is one of the most popular table games in Australia, where a skilled gambler can make a real difference and improve their chances of winning. Also known as 21, the goal of Blackjack is to build a hand with a value as close as possible to 21, to beat out the dealer’s hand.
There are numerous different versions of real money Blackjack available online in Australia. While Online Blackjack is a relatively simple and easy casino game to play, new players are often still unsure of how to play properly. Our comprehensive Blackjack guide will tell Aussie gambler everything they could ever want to know about how to play and win in Online Blackjack.
Top Australian Online Blackjack Casinos
How to Play Blackjack Online
To start off our Online Blackjack guide, we will walk brand new players exactly how to play Blackjack Online. Below is a step-by-step guide to playing Blackjack.
- Step 1 – Sign up at a top Online Casino and make your first deposits.
- Step 2 – Decide which version of Online Blackjack you want to play.
- Step 3 – Choose how much money you want to bet and place your bet. Click Deal and you will be dealt your two cards.
- Step 4 – Have a look at your cards, as well as the dealer’s face up card.
- Step 5 – Make a decision on your next move. Decide whether you will Hit, Stand, Double Down, Split, or Surrender. We will cover these options in more detail later on.
- Step 6 – If you require extra cards, you will be given them now. Once you’re done, hit stand.
- Step 7 – Once you’re done, the dealer will play their hand.
- Step 8 – Finally, the winning hand will be determined. If you win, your winnings will be paid out.
Online Blackjack Basics
Next up, let’s take a look at the basics of Online Blackjack. We’ll take you through the main goal behind the game, the card values, and some of the terminology to help you get the most out of playing. Let’s jump straight in and talk about the goal of Online Blackjack.
The goal of Blackjack is, quite simply, to beat the dealer’s hand and build a hand with a value as close as possible to 21. Whoever’s hand is closer to 21 will win. However, be very careful, exceeding 21 results in a Bust and an immediate loss.
Blackjack Card Values
Now that you know what the goal is, how are the cards valued to determine the total of your hand? Below is a brief breakdown of card values in Blackjack.
- 2-10: These cards have their face value.
- Jack, Queen, King: These cards are valued at 10
- Ace: An Ace is valued at 1 or 11
Now that you know how your hand will be valued, what sort of betting options are available to you as you play and how should you use them.
- Stand – When you are happy with the value of your hand, you click on Stand. This means you will receive no more cards and the Dealer will play their hand.
- Hit – If your hand’s value is too low, you can Hit. This signifies that you would like to receive another card. There is no limit how many times you can Hit, but remember exceeding a value of 21 is an instant loss.
- Double Down – The Double Down option indicates you wish to double your initial bet and receive one new card. Players can choose this option if they are confident one card will bring them victory. It is recommended to consider Doubling Down when your hand is valued at 10 or 11.
- Split – When you are dealt a pair of cards, such as two 8s, you are given the option to split. This will turn your hand into two separate hands, where you will receive another card for each hand. Then you can play each of these hands as normal. Keep in mind, splitting also doubles your initial bet. One thing to keep in mind, do not split a winning hand. For example, if you have two 10s, do not split. Your hand is valued at 20 and is an almost guaranteed win!
Online Blackjack Tips and Tricks
As you play Online Blackjack, you will figure things out and develop your own techniques. However, until that happens, it’s helpful to have a few tips and tricks up your sleeve. Below we have outlined some helpful tips and tricks that new Blackjack players can use to enhance their experience.
- Take time and learn the basic rules of the game, paying particular attention to memorising card values.
- Always remember that the goal is not to get 21, but rather to beat the dealer and get closer to 21 than the Dealer’s hand.
- As with any casino game, set yourself a budget. Determine how much money you can afford to lose. When you reach your budget, stop playing immediately. Do not keep chasing your losses in the hopes to win money back.
- Always play with a clear and sober mind. Never gamble when intoxicated, as this will lead to poor betting decisions.
- Before making any betting decisions, it is important to look at the dealer’s card and use this to help guide your decisions.
- It is always a good idea to hit when your hand is valued at 8 or less.
- If you have a pair of 8s, you should definitely split them. 16 is one of the worst hands to have.
- If you have a hand valued at 18, it is wise to stand or Double Down.
- Stand on a 17, if the dealer’s visible card is a 7 or less.
- When you hand is valued between 12-16, you should hit if the dealer’s face up card is a 7 or higher.
Soft vs. Hard Hands in Blackjack
As you become familiar with Online Blackjack, you will no doubt come across the term Soft Hand and Hard Hand. Understanding the difference between these two types of hands is vitally important to your betting strategy. Below is an overview of the two types of hands.
The most common type of Blackjack hand is a Hard Hand. This means that the hand’s value is fixed and does not change. In other words, the hand does not have an Ace. If you have a 10 and a 9, your hand is valued at 19.
In contrast, Soft Hands contain an Ace. As we know, an Ace is valued at 1 or 11. This means that any hand that contains an Ace could have two different values. For example, an 8 and an Ace could be valued at 19, or at 9. In order to get Blackjack, which is a hand valued at 21 with only two cards, you will need an Ace.
Free Blackjack vs Real Money Online Blackjack
Top Australian Online Casinos will give players the chance to play all sorts of casino games for free, or for real money. For new Aussie gamblers looking to start enjoying Online Blackjack, this is great news. Before we go any further, it is important to note that when you play any casino game for free, you cannot win real money. You need to bet real money in order to win real money!
However, do not think this makes playing Blackjack for free as a waste of time, or simple fun. Taking advantage of Free Blackjack will give you experience with the game and this is priceless. New players should definitely play free Online Blackjack and get comfortable with the game. Take this time to learn the rules, the card values, and become comfortable with the game.
For more experienced players, free Online Blackjack is a great way for experienced players to test out new strategies and betting plans. Players can test out their strategies as much as they want, without risking their bankroll.
Once you are ready, you can switch over to real money Online Blackjack and place real wagers. These will work the same as in a land-based casino, with winnings paying out real money.
Types of Blackjack Online Australia
When a player decides on playing Online Blackjack, you will be greeted with a decent selection of different variants of the game. While all games follow the same basic rules, each one has a slightly different take on the rules. Below is a brief overview of some of the most popular Australian Online Blackjack games.
Spanish 21 Blackjack
Spanish 21 is a version of Blackjack that offers several rules to improve the player’s experience. This version of Blackjack allows the following:
- Players can Surrender late in the game
- Double Down after Splitting
- Re-splitting Aces
- A Player’s 21 always wins
- A player’s Blackjack beats a Dealer’s Blackjack
Another popular version of Blackjack in Australia is European Blackjack. There are some minor differences in the rules, including the fact that the game uses only two decks of cards. Many other versions will use six to eight decks. Another difference is that the Dealer will not receive their hole card, until the player has finished playing. Finally, the rules surrounding Doubling Down are more restrictive, and players can only Double Down on a hand valued between 9 and 11.
Single Deck Blackjack Online
Single Deck Blackjack used to be the standard version of Blackjack. However, as players mastered the art of card counting, casinos started adding more decks to the shoe.
Live Dealer Blackjack
If you want to recreate playing Blackjack as close as possible to the real thing, then Live Blackjack is the way to go. Instead of the results being determined by a Random Number Generator, a live human dealer will deal real cards. A video will then be streamed over the Internet to players.
Online Blackjack FAQs
Can you make money playing Blackjack Online?
Yes, you certainly can! All out recommended Aussie casino sites will let players enjoy online Blackjack for real money. As long as you sign up at a trusted and reputable online casino, you are guaranteed to have your winnings paid out quickly.
Do skilled Blackjack players win more often?
Yes, skilled Online Blackjack players do win more often than novice players. This is one of the few casino games where a player’s skill can actually make a difference. However, you still need some luck on your side.
Is Online Blackjack Rigged?
No, as long as you choose a trusted casino, Blackjack will not be rigged. However, that doesn’t mean that every single casino out there is trustworthy. Unfortunately, there are scam casinos out there. That is why it is so important to choose casinos recommended by casino experts to ensure you have an amazing Blackjack experience.
How can I play Real Money Blackjack Online in Australia?
Playing Blackjack Online in Australia is really easy. Simply sign up at a trusted online casino that accepts Australian players, and deposit funds into your account. Then choose which version of Blackjack you want to play and start making your bets. To make things easier for you, you can trust you’ll have the best Blackjack experience at any of our recommended Online Casinos.
What are the rules of Blackjack?
The basic rules of Blackjack are simple, your goal is to make a hand valued as close as possible to 21 as possible, without going over. In order to win, you need to get closer to 21 than the dealer. The Jack, Queen, and King are all valued at 10, 2-10 is valued at their number, and Ace is valued at 1 or 11.
Can I play Online Blackjack for free?
Yes, you certainly can! All top casinos allow players to enjoy almost all casino games for free. This includes Blackjack. While you can’t win money while playing for free, the experience you gain by doing so is more than worth it.
What does surrender mean in Online Blackjack?
Certain versions of Blackjack allow players the option to Surrender. If a player looks at their cards and thinks they have no chance of winning, they can opt to Surrender. If you take this option, the round ends and the player only loses half their bet, instead of their whole bet. However, even hands that look bad can still win, for example, if the dealer busts. So be careful using this option.
Can you count cards in Online Blackjack?
While you can technically count cards in Online Blackjack, it is not really an effective strategy. In a land-based casino, multiple hands are played before the shoe is reshuffled. This means you can use counting cards to help determine what is left in the shoe. However, in online Blackjack, the entire deck is reshuffled after every hand, meaning there are never more than a few cards drawn before the reshuffle.
Why should you not split 10s in Blackjack?
Splitting 10s is a bad move to make, because a hand valued at 20 is an almost guaranteed win. You will only lose if the dealer manages to get 21. By splitting 10s, you have taken an incredibly strong hand and turned it into two potentially weaker hands.
What is the best Australian Blackjack site?
There is no single best Blackjack casino site. Players need to look at several factors, including the safety, bonuses, casino game library, and the variety of Blackjack games. In order to ensure you have the best Blackjack experience, try any one of our recommended casinos and choose the one that best meets your needs!