Top Deuces Wild Video Poker Australia
Play Deuces Wild Video Poker for real money at top casino sites in Australia and win big today! When playing Poker at home, many Aussie gamblers often add Wild Cards to make things more exciting. Casino game developers took note of this and have created a video poker game with a similar feel.
In Deuces Wild, the Deuces (2s) are Wild and can help create winning hands. On this page, we have a comprehensive guide to playing Deuces Wild like a pro. We will cover the rules, how to play, the paytables, winning strategies, and much more!
Best Deuces Wild Video Poker Casinos in Australia
Deuces Wild Video Poker Overview and Rules
Deuces Wild is based on a different variant of Video Poker, Jacks or Better. However, in order to improve your odds of winning, Deuces Wild makes all 2s a Wild Card. These Wild Cards can stand in for any other card to make a winning poker hand.
However, because of these Wild Cards, the poker hands have had to be revised slightly. Typically, you will now find traditional hands in a natural version (No Deuces) and a version that is made up thanks to the inclusion of the Wild. Below is a breakdown of the hand rankings in Deuces Wild.
- Natural Royal Flush – A traditional Royal Flush (10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace) of the same suit, with no Wild Cards.
- Four Deuces – A Four of a Kind hand made up of four 2s
- Wild Royal Flush – A Royal Flush, using one or more Deuce
- Five of a Kind – A Four of a Kind, and a Deuce
- Straight Flush – A traditional Flush of five consecutive cards from the same suit, no Deuces.
- Four of a Kind – Any four cards of the same rank.
- Full House – Any three of a kind, plus one pair.
- Flush – Five cards from the same suit, not in consecutive order
- Straight – Five consecutive cards from different suits
- Three of a Kind – Any three kinds of the same rank.
More Popular Video Poker Games
- Aces and Eights
- Bonus Video Poker
- Jacks or Better Video Poker
- Tens or Better
- Video Poker FAQs
- Video Poker Myths
- Tips for Video Poker
How to Play Deuces Wild
Playing Deuces Wild is really easy and a lot of fun. If you’ve never played a hand before, we’ve got a step-by-step guide that you can follow.
- Step 1 – Sign up at one of our recommended casinos in Australia that offer Deuces Wild.
- Step 2 – Head over to the Video Poker section and select Deuces Wild
- Step 3 – Decide how much you want to bet. Here you decide how many coins you want to bet and the value of each coin. When you are done, click Deal
- Step 4 – You will now be dealt five cards. Have a look at your cards and see if you have the potential for any winning hands.
- Step 5 – Discard the cards you do not think will help you win, potentially all five if you need to. The game will then replace your discarded cards.
- Step 6 – The game will now check your final hand and compare it to the paytable.
- Step 7 – If you have a winning hand, your winnings will be paid out.
What is Unique in Deuces Wild Video Poker
- Deuces Wild now has two separate Royal Flush hands. These are the traditional version, as well as one made with Wilds. The Royal Flush is still the strongest hand, but the Wild Royal Flush is now the third strongest hand since it is easier to get.
- Deuces Wild also adds a new winning hand, Four Deuces. This is a hand made up of four 2s. This is the second strongest hand in the game.
- Another new hand in Deuces Wild is the Five of a Kind. This is a Four of a Kind, plus a Wild.
- Because the Wild cards make creating winning hands easier, you will have noticed that a One Pair and Two Pairs are no longer considered winning hands. The weakest winning hand is now the Three of a Kind.
Paytable in Deuces Wild
When it comes to the paytable in Deuces Wild, there are several different versions. Each online casino can tweak its paytable. The best Paytable is known as ‘Full Pay’ or 15/9/5/3. This is in reference to the payouts for Five of a Kind, Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, and Full House. Below is the Full Paytable.
|Hand||1 Coin||2 Coins||3 Coins||4 Coins||5 Coins|
|Natural Royal Flush||300||600||900||1200||4000|
|Wild Royal Flush||25||50||75||100||125|
|Five of a Kind||15||30||45||60||75|
|Four of a Kind||5||10||15||20||25|
|Three of a Kind||1||2||3||4||5|
RTP for Deuces Wild
If you look at the table above, you will see we have included the RTP for betting 1-5 coins in Deuces Wild. As you can see, if you bet between one and four coins, the RTP is 99.67%. This means the house edge is just 0.33%, which is extremely low.
However, if you look at the five-coin bet, you will see the RTP is 100.76%. This means the player actually has the advantage when betting five coins. Because of this, casino sites have largely abandoned the Full Pay paytable. While you might come across it from time to time, it is far more likely that you will find different pay tables. Below are some other common paytables you will come across. These payouts will be for one coin, but it could also change how the payouts change for 2-5 coins.
|Hand||Paytable 1||Paytable 2||Paytable 3||Paytable 4||Paytable 5|
|Natural Royal Flush||800||800||800||800||800|
|Wild Royal Flush||25||25||20||25||20|
|Five of a Kind||15||16||12||15||15|
|Four of a Kind||4||4||5||4||4|
|Three of a Kind||1||1||1||1||1|
As you can see, a few of these pay tables still offer great RTPs, but some of the others are less friendly. Be sure you closely examine the pay table of Deuces Wild to make sure you are playing one with the higher RTP.
Winning Strategy for Deuces Wild
If you’re new to Deuces Wild or any version of Video Poker, it can sometimes be difficult to know which cards to keep and which to discard. The fact that there are potentially four Wild Cards in each hand can make it even more tricky to choose the correct course of action. Below is a winning strategy guide to help you decide what to do. We’ve largely broken this up by the number of 2s in your starting five-card hand.
|Initial Hand||Best Decision|
|Four 2s||Discard the only non-Deuce|
|Royal Flush||Discard Nothing|
|Three 2s||Discard two Cards|
|Four of a Kind or Better||Discard Nothing|
|Four Cards of a Royal Flush||Discard one card|
|Four cards needed for a Straight Flush||Draw One new card|
|Holding two 2s only||Discard three cards|
|Any Four of a Kind or Better||Discard Nothing|
|Four Cards needed for a Royal Flush||Discard the single unwanted card|
|Full House||Do Nothing|
|Four Cards towards to Straight Flush||Draw one new card|
|Three of a Kind/Flush/Straight Flush||Do Nothing|
|Three cards needed for a Royal Flush||Draw two new cards|
|Three Cards to Straight, 2 con cards of 6 7+||Draw two new cards|
|One 2||Draw four new cards|
|Royal Flush||Do Nothing|
|Four Cards needed for a Royal Flush||Draw one new Card|
|Three of a Kind or Straight Flush||Do Nothing|
|Four cards needed for Straight Flush||Draw one new card|
|Three Cards needed for Royal Flush||Draw two new cards|
|One Pair||Draw three new cards|
|Four Cards for a Flush||Discard one card|
|Four cards for an open Straight Flush||Take one new car|
|Three Cards for a Straight Flush||Replace two cards|
|Four Cards needed for an Inside Straight||Take one new card|
|Two Cards to a Royal Flush, Q J High||Draw three new cards|
Deuces Wild Video Poker FAQs
Can I play Deuces Wild for Real Money?
Yes, Deuce Wild Video Poker is offered by many real money casinos in Australia!
What makes Deuces Wild unique?
Deuces Wild turns all 2s into a Wild. These Wilds can take the place of any other card to create a winning hand. There are also a few different winning hands, like Five of a Kind, but a few hands no longer win.
Can I try Deuces Wild for free?
Yes, any of our recommended casino sites that offer real money Deuces Wild will also allow players to test the game for free. Use this to try out new betting strategies or familiarise yourself with the game.
What is the Return to Player in Deuces Wild?
The Return to Player in Deuces Wild varies depending on the paytable being used. It ranges from 97.97% up to 99.96%.
What is the strongest hand in Deuces Wild?
As with almost all versions of Video Poker, the strongest hand in Deuces Wild is the Royal Flush.
Is a Two Pair a winning hand in Deuces Wild?
No, because the addition of Wild Deuces makes creating winning hands easier, a One Pair and Two Pair no longer win. The first winning hand is Three of a Kind.
Is Deuces Wild better than Jacks or Better?
Deuces Wild has a slightly better RTP than Deuces Wild. It is only around 0.2% higher, which is not a big difference. Both are great versions of Video Poker to enjoy.